Glór na nGael has identified a range of experts who can provide support through the medium of Irish to families / parents. A wide range of themes from fostering the desire to read in children to dyslexia are covered in the area of work carried out by these experts.
If a parent is interested in undertaking a support session in one of the themes listed below they can go to the www.TeangaTi.ie website and fill in an application form and they will be put into contact to the experts. The full list of themes is on the form.
As additional support Glór na nGael has financed a limited number of sessions. If an application is accepted the cost of the first session, which will be held on Zoom, will be covered by Glór na nGael and the expert will contact to fix the time of the session. If additional sessions are required it is up to the parent to discuss and agree this independently with the expert.
Of course it is entirely at the discretion of the parent/family to accept or not to accept the expert’s advice and Glór na nGael does not accept any responsibility for the outcome of any advice provided by a third party.
- Language socialization with children
- Fostering the desire to read
- Activities and fun at home
- Raising children through Irish
- Language and speech development
- Autism and speech & language therapy
- Speech sound disorder
- Difficulties in using and understanding language
- Dyslexia and speech and language problems
- Social skills difficulties
- Selective mutism
- Children in a situation of conflict / separation between parents
- Child’s mental wellbeing (worry / anxiety)